This section describes replacing the internal battery pack, precautions, checking the Liebert GXT4's
status and checking UPS functions.
The battery can present a risk of electrical shock and high short circuit current. The following
precautions should be observed before replacing the battery pack:
• Remove rings, watches and other metal objects.
• Use tools with insulated handles.
• Do not lay tools or other metal objects on the batteries.
• If the battery kit is damaged in any way or shows signs of leakage, contact your local
• Do not dispose of batteries in a fire. The batteries may explode.
• Handle, transport and recycle batteries in accordance with local regulations.
Replacing the Internal Battery Pack
The Liebert GXT4 is designed to allow the user to replace the internal battery pack safely. Refer to
Table 9 for internal battery pack part numbers for Liebert GXT4 UPS:
Replacement battery pack model numbers
UPS Rating, VA
Read all safety cautions before proceeding. A trained user can replace the internal battery pack when
the UPS is always in a restricted access location (such as a rack or server closet). Contact your local
dealer or Emerson representative to obtain the pricing of the appropriate replacement battery pack.
Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries
according to the instructions.
Replacement Internal Battery
Pack Model #