Shut Down the Liebert GXT4
To shut down the UPS from the LCD:
1. From the Main Menu select CONTROL, press Enter, then select TURN ON & OFF.
2. Press the enter key.
3. Select TURN UPS OFF, then press Enter.
4. Press either the Up or Down button to move the cursor to confirm the shutdown command and
press Enter. The UPS will sound an audible alarm; this is normal.
Power to the connected equipment is now Off.
5. The UPS display will still be illuminated because the batteries are still being charged.
The UPS display will still be illuminated because the batteries are still being charged. The UPS may
now be disconnected from AC power, and the UPS will completely shut down in approximately 15
Disconnecting Input Power from the Liebert GXT4
1. After the UPS has been shut down as detailed in 4.5 - Shut Down the Liebert GXT4,
disconnect the input cable from the wall socket.
2. Wait 30 seconds and verify that all indicators have turned Off and the fan has stopped; this
indicates that the power-off is complete.
3. Turn the external battery cabinet breaker switch to the Off position if the UPS has an external
After powering Off the UPS, the UPS ceases output and the load is powered Off.