10. Reattach the front battery door with the six screws.
11. Reattach the front plastic bezel cover to the UPS.
The internal battery pack is hot-swappable. However, caution should be exercised because
during this procedure the load is unprotected from disturbances and power outages.
Do not replace the battery while the UPS is in Battery Mode. This will result in a loss of output
power and will drop the connected load.
The batteries are valve-regulated, nonspillable, lead acid and should be kept charged to attain their
design life. The Liebert GXT4 charges the batteries continuously when it is connected to the mains
If the Liebert GXT4 will be stored for a long time, Emerson recommends connecting the UPS to input
power for at least 24 hours every three to four months to ensure full recharge of the batteries.
Although the Liebert GXT4 has been designed and manufactured to ensure personal safety, improper
use can result in electrical shock or fire. To ensure safety, observe the following precautions:
• Turn Off and unplug the Liebert GXT4 before cleaning it.
• Clean the UPS with a dry cloth. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners.
• Never block or insert any objects into the ventilation holes or other openings of the UPS.
• Do not place the Liebert GXT4 power cord where it might be damaged.
Checking UPS Status
recommends checking the UPS operation status every six months.
• Check whether the UPS is faulty: Is the Fault Indicator On? Is the UPS sounding an alarm?
• Check whether the UPS is operating in Bypass Mode. Normally, the UPS operates in Normal
Mode. If it is operating in Bypass Mode, stop and contact your local Emerson representative, or
Emerson Channel Support.
• Check whether the battery is discharging. When the mains input is normal, the battery should
not discharge. If the UPS is operating in Battery Mode, stop and contact your local Emerson
representative or Emerson Channel Support.