Connecting Battery Cables
1. Verify that the battery isolation breaker is in the Off (open) position.
2. Take out the battery cable included with the battery cabinet.
3. Connect one end of the battery cable to the external battery connector on the rear panel of the
UPS, and connect the other end to any battery port on the rear panel of the battery cabinet.
4. Repeat Steps 1 through 3 for each battery cabinet that will be connected to the system.
Additional battery cabinets will plug into the previously installed battery cabinet.
5. Switch On the battery breaker on the rear of the external battery cabinet.
6. Use the configuration program included with the UPS to specify the number of external battery
cabinets connected to the Liebert GXT4. See Table 17 for approximate battery run times.
Figure 11 Battery cable attachment
Connecting Communication Cables
Communication cable connection includes USB and optional card cables.
Connecting USB Communication Cables
1. Remove the USB communication cables from the accessories bag.
2. Insert one end of the USB communication cable to the USB port on the rear panel of the Liebert
GXT4 (see Figure 2).
3. Insert the other end of the USB communication cable to the USB port of the computer.
Installing the Optional Liebert IntelliSlot
1. Remove the protective cover from the Liebert IntelliSlot port on the Liebert GXT4 and set it aside.
2. Insert the Liebert IntelliSlot card into the Liebert IntelliSlot port and secure it with screws.
3. To connect any cable associated with a Liebert IntelliSlot card, refer to the user manual provided
with the card.
To configure and use the Liebert IntelliSlot communication card, refer to the card's user manual.
Manuals for the various Liebert IntelliSlot cards are available at Liebert's Web site:
Card and Communication Cables