PAPER ADVANCE KNOB
Figure 8-4. Paper Positioning Procedures
2. Remove the paper slide.
NOTE: A. If the paper is not properly
positioned the initial loading
3. Adjust the Multicopy Lever to 5.
under the lower tractors may be
4. Slide the print mechanism to the extreme
left or right
B. If the form does not catch under
the tractor properly, begin form
NOTE: A. The print mechanism is locked
loading again with the paper
when the machine is ON. Print
repositioned under the tractors.
mechanism can be moved freely
when the machine is OFF.
C. It may be necessary to apply
B. Mechanism must be moved so
forms as they have a tendency
that it will not interfere with the
to separate while being intro
loading of forms.
5. Open the left and right tractor face plates.
8. Once the form is started, manually feed a
6. Adjust the right tractor as necessary to
segment of the form under the tractors
accommodate the form being introduced.
using the paper advance knob.
9. Position the form to be fed under the
NOTE: Steps 7 through 12 require that the
operator be positioned at the rear of
the printer since the paper loading
procedures must be performed from
10. Using the paper advance knob, feed the
form under the platen.
7. Position the edge of form under the lower
NOTE: Enough of the form should be fed
portion of the tractors and slowly turn the
through so that it can be attached to
paper advance knob.
the upper position of the tractors.
KEYBOARD TYPEWRITER CONSOLE