1. Loosen the Lock Knob on the left side of
the print head.
2. Increase the penetration of the print wires
on to the ribbon by slightly turning the
Penetration Control Knob.
3. Manually move the print head across the
paper. Keep increasing the penetration
until smudging occurs.
4. Back off the Penetration Control Knob just
to the point of no smudging.
5. Tighten the Lock Knob to secure the print
head in position.
NOTE: Numbers on the Penetration Control
Knob do not correspond to the number
of copies used.
Vertical formatting is controlled by a paper
tape in the Vertical Format Unit (see Figure 6-5).
This unit is located on the upper left side of the
printer, just under the left cover.
The tape is a standard I-inch wide, 8-channel,
black opaque paper tape (see Figure 6-6). The
Vertical Format Unit