2. Place the roll in the recess provided at the
rear of the cover.
3. The end' of the spindle extending from
both ends of the roll should rest in the
associated slots (see Figure 9-6 for paper
4. Raise the clear plastic lid over the typing
5, Fold and crease the leading edge of the
paper to present a smooth threading edge
6. Release the tension of the typing unit
platen by moving the pressure lever unit,
7. Push the paper under the platen roller as
far as possible and move the pressure lever
backwards to reapply roller tension.
8. Push the platen knob to feed the paper
forward until it can be passed under the
unit paper guide.
9. If necessary, again release the tension on
the pressure rollers and straighten the
10. Reapply roller tension.
11. Close the cover.
Loading the Paper Tape Reader
The paper tape reader reads data punched on
eight-channel, rolled-oiled or fan-folded perfo
rated 'tape at a maximum rate of 10 characters per
second. The following procedures are required for
the loading of paper tape:
1. Raise the tape retainer cover by pushing
the tape retainer release button below the
2. Set the reader control to FREE.
3. Position the tape so that the arrow (printed
or cut) on the tape faces up and points to
4. Position the leader portion of the tape over
the read pins with the sprocket feed holes
over the sprocket (feed) wheeL
5. Close the tape retainer cover.
6. Ensure that the tape moves freely.
7. Set the reader control to START.
Loading the Paper Tape Punch
punch perforates eight
channel, rolled-oiled or fan-folded paper tape at a
maximum rate of 10 characters per second. The
following procedures are, required for the loading
of paper tape:
1. Press the RELease pushbutton on the face
of the punch unit.
2. Place the tape in the tape holder to the rear
of the punch unit.
30 Pull the tape so that the arrow (printed or
cut) faces up and is pointing towards you.
4. Snip ends of tape into the shape of an
5. Guide the tape through the punch as
6. Feed a length of tape through the reader.
7. Press the ON pushbutton.
ROLL OF PAPER
This illustration from Technical Manual Models 32 and 33 Tele
typewriter Sets Keyboard Send-Receive (KSR) Receive-Only (RO)
Automatic Send-Receive (ASR), Copyrighted by Teletype Corpo
ration; used with permission.
Figure 9-6. Installation of Paper Roll
INTERCONNECTION /SYSTEM INTERFACE
The Teleprinter Console Attachment consists
of a Multiple Device Controller (MDC), Console
Teleprinter Adapter, and a Teleprinter-compatible
peripheral. Figure 9-7 illustrates the structure of
the subsystem and its relationship to the system.
The MDC is a microprogrammed peripheral
controller which attaches to the Level 6 Megabus
and is capable of supporting up to four devices via
a configurable series of adapters. Device specific