Figure 7-12. Printer VFU
7. Set the ac circuit breaker to ON (tape will
1. Power-down the printer according to the
load automatically after power stabilizes).
procedures described in paragraph entitled,
Standard Power-Down Procedure.
8. With the VFU tape loaded, both POWER
2. Raise the printer hood, pull the drum gate
ON and READY indicators on the operator
latch forward, swinging the drum gate open
control panel will illuminate.
and open the VFU compartment.
3. Remove all paper in the printer.
Operator maintenance is the preventive main
4. With the aid of a lint free cloth, clean the
tenance required by an operator in maintaining
paper chamber of dirt and any accumulated
proper operation of the printer. Preventive main
tenance includes the checks, cleaning, operating
habits, etc., done periodically on a scheduled
5. Using a vacuum cleaner or a low pressure
routine basis, even though printer operation may
hose, remove all dust and paper chaff from
be satisfactory and not in need of attention.
the inside and outside of the printer.
6. Close the VFU cover, the latch drum gate
Cleaning And Checking The Printer
and lower the printer hood.
It is recommended that the printer be sched
uled for cleaning monthly or more often as usage
7. Using a lint free cloth clean the outside of