Figure 7-7. Printer Mechanical Controls and Adjustments
A two position toggle switch. When
ON and READY indicators on the operator
in VFU position, allows top of form
control panel will illuminate.
to be selected via computer control.
In SELECTOR position, transfers
2. Open the door on the left side of the
top of form control to preset fixed
printer· to check that the PRINT INHIBIT
switch is set to the OFF position (see
LINE PRINTER OPERATION
3. Load the paper in accordance with the
paper loading procedures described in para
Standard Power-Up Procedure
graph entitled Paper Loading.
Prior to powering-up the printer, it is assumed
that all electrical cables have been properly
4. Press ON/OFF LINE button. Indicator will
connected and 'secured and that ac power is
illuminate, indicating that the printer is
online and in full operation.
1. Set the ac circuit breaker to ON. The circuit
5. Observe printer operation and make fine
breaker is located at the lower front of the
paper advance adjustment if required to
printer (see Figure 7-8). Both the POWER
obtain the desired print line positioning.
6. Adjust PHASING control if necessary to
lAvailable on printers with PRF9101 option.
obtain uniform ink density of characters.