[7-3 Error Code Definitions and Solutions: Codes [1000 - 1999] ]
Error Code Definitions and Solutions: Codes [1000 - 1999]
Error Code 
1. Error code definition
Discharge temperature fault
2. Error definition and error detection method
1) If the discharge temperature of 120 °C [248°F] or more is detected during the above operation (the first detection), the outdoor
unit stops once, turns to anti-restart mode for 3 minutes, and restarts after 3 minutes automatically.
2) If the discharge temperature of 120° C [248°F] or more is detected again (the second detection) within 30 minutes after the
second stop of the outdoor unit described above, the mode will be changed to 3 - minute restart mode, then the outdoor unit
will restart in 3 minutes.
3) If the discharge temperature of 120°C [248°F] or more is detected (the third detection) within 30 minutes after the stop of the
outdoor unit described above (regardless of the first or the second stop), the outdoor unit will make an error stop, and the error
code "1102" will be displayed.
4) If the discharge temperature of 120°C [248°F] or more is detected more than 30 minutes after the previous stop of the outdoor
unit, the detection is regarded as the first detection, and the operation described in step 1 above will start.
5) For 30 minutes after the stop (the first stop or the second stop) of the outdoor unit, preliminary errors will be displayed on the
3. Cause, check method and remedy
Gas leak, gas shortage
LEV failure on the indoor unit
BC controller LEV malfunction
Cooling only : LEV3
Cooling main : LEV1,3
Heating only or heating main : LEV3
Defrost : LEV3
BC controller SVM1 and 2 malfunction
→ Cooling only or defrost
BC controller SVA malfunction
→ Cooling only or cooling main
BC controller SVB malfunction
→ Heating only or heating main
Solenoid valve actuation failure (SV4a,
SV4b, or SV4d)
→heating only, heating main
Port address setting error.
Closed ball valve
Outdoor fan (including fan parts) failure, mo-
tor failure, or fan controller malfunction
Rise in discharge temp. by low pressure
drawing for (3) - (11).
Gas leak between low and high pressures
(4-way valve failure, Compressor failure, So-
lenoid valve (SV1a) failure)
Input circuit failure on the controller board
Check method and remedy
Refer to the following page(s).[6-9 Evaluating and Adjusting
Refrigerant Charge](page 161)
Check operating conditions and operation status of indoor/
Perform a heating operation and check the operation.
Cooling: LEV on the indoor unit
Heating: LEV on the indoor unit
Refer to the following page(s). [8-8 Troubleshooting LEV
Confirm the port address of the indoor unit.
Confirm that the ball valve is fully open.
Check the fan on the outdoor unit.
Refer to the following page(s). [8-7 Troubleshooting Outdoor
Unit Fan Problems](page 272)
Perform a cooling or heating operation and check the opera-
Refer to the following page(s). [7-7-2 Error Codes [5104,
5105, 5106, 5107, 5109, 5111]](page 211)
Check the inlet air temperature on the LED monitor.
- 180 -
SV4a, SV4b, SV4d