[8-14 Measures for Refrigerant Leakage ]
8-14 Measures for Refrigerant Leakage
1. Leak spot: In the case of extension pipe for indoor unit (Cooling season)
1) Mount a pressure gauge on the service check joint (CJ2) on the low-pressure side.
2) Stop all the indoor units, and close the high-pressure side refrigerant service valve (BV2) on the outdoor unit while the com-
pressor is being stopped.
3) Stop all the indoor units; turn on SW4 (912) on the outdoor unit control board while the compressor is being stopped. (Pump
down mode will start, and all the indoor units will run in cooling test run mode.)
4) In the pump down mode (SW4 (912)), all the indoor units and compressors will automatically stop when the low pressure
(63LS) reaches 0.383MPa [55psi] or less or 15 minutes have passed after the pump mode started. Stop all the indoor units
and compressors when the pressure indicated by the pressure gauge, which is on the check joint (CJ2) for low-pressure ser-
vice, reaches 0.383MPa [55psi] or 20 minutes pass after the pump down operation is started.
5) Close the service ball valve (BV1) on the low-pressure pipe on the outdoor unit.
6) Collect the refrigerant that remains in the extended pipe for the indoor unit. Do not discharge refrigerant into the atmosphere
when it is collected.
7) Repair the leak.
8) After repairing the leak, vacuum
9) To adjust refrigerant amount, open the ball valves (BV1 and BV2) inside the outdoor unit, and turn off SW4 (912).
2. Leak spot: In the case of outdoor unit (Cooling season)
(1) Run all the indoor units in the cooling test run mode.
1) To run the indoor unit in test run mode, turn SW4 (769) on the outdoor unit control board to ON.
2) Change the setting of the remote controller for all the indoor units to the cooling mode.
3) Check that all the indoor units are performing a cooling operation.
(2) Check the SC16 value.
(This value can be displayed on the LED by setting the self-diagnosis switch SW4 (SW6-10: OFF) on the outdoor unit
1) When SC16 is 10°C [18°F] or above: Go to the next item (3).
2) When the SC16 value is below 10°C [18°F] : After the compressor has stopped, extract the refrigerant in the system, repair
the leak, evacuate the air from the system
the same procedure as listed under "heating season.")
For how to read the SW settings, refer to the following page(s). [9-1-1 How to Read the LED](page 325)
(3) Stop all the indoor units, and stop the compressor.
1) To stop all the indoor units and the compressors, turn SW4 (769) on the outdoor control board from ON to OFF.
2) Check that all the indoor units are being stopped.
(4) Close the ball valves (BV1 and BV2).
(5) Collect the refrigerant that remains inside the outdoor unit.Do not discharge refrigerant into air into the atmosphere
when it is collected.
(6) Repair the leak.
(7) After repairing the leak, replace the dryer with the new one, and perform evacuation
(8) To adjust refrigerant amount, open the ball valves (BV1 and BV2) inside the outdoor unit.
*1. For details, refer to the following page(s). [1-3-3 Vacuum Drying](page 12)
the extension pipe and the indoor unit.
, and charge the system with refrigerant. (If the leak is in the outdoor unit, follow
SC16 self-diagnosis switch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
- 311 -
inside the outdoor unit.