Disassembling and assembling
To remove the thermoelectric cooler
• Open the front cover and remove the rear
cover and the casing as described in the
section Compressor covers.
• Disconnect the tubes at the inlet connector
(1) and remove the inlet connector. Use a
14 mm open-end wrench.
• Remove the water separator (2) as
described in the section Water separator 2.
• Remove the two screws (3).
• Disconnect the two cables at the
temperature switch (4).
• Lift the thermoelectric cooler (5) carefully
until the connector (6) is accessible.
Note – This connector is not included in
older versions of the Compressor
Compact. The thermoelectric cooler cables
must then be disconnected at the electrical
interconnection block (see Connection
• Disconnect the two cables at connector (6).
• Lift off the thermoelectric cooler (5).
To refit the thermoelectric cooler
• The procedure for refitting the thermo-
electric cooler is the reverse of the removal
procedure previously described.
The cables to the temperature switch (4)
must be connected via the RCD circuit
board (7) with correct polarity. Refer to
the Connection diagrams.
E382 EH81E 061 01 03 02