Disassembling and assembling
To assemble the compressor
• The procedure for assembling the com-
pressor is the reverse of the disassembling
procedure previously described.
The following points must be noted during
• Inspect the cylinder, the cylinder head and
the piston. If necessary they can be cleaned
by using an industrial, non-flammable, non-
toxic solvent. Do not use a chlorinated
solvent to clean the unit, and do not
attempt to flush the unit with liquids.
• Do not use oil or grease in the compressor.
• When fitting the piston seals, piston rings
and rider ring, make sure that the gaps in
these seals and rings are distributed
around the piston. The gaps must not be in
line with each other.
• Check that the piston aligns with the outer
edge of the cylinder:
– Refit the cylinder and the cylinder screws
(13). Do not tighten the screws.
– Place a straight edge rule (20) vertically
across the outer edge of the cylinder.
– Move the piston (21) to its top dead
center position by manually rotating the
– Check that the face of the piston is
exactly aligned with the outer edge of the
– Tighten the cylinder screws (13) to a
torque of approx. 18 Nm ±0.5 Nm
(165 lbf in ±5 lbf in).
E382 EH81E 061 01 03 02