STEP 5: INSTALL POWER CORD
Skip this step if the dishwasher will be
permanently connected to the house electrical
system or has a factory-installed power cord.
In this step you will need the junction box cover and
the #10 x 1/2" hex-head screw from the screw kit set
aside in Step 1.
The power cord and connections must comply
with the National Electrical Code, Section 422 and/
or local codes and ordinances. Maximum power
cord length is 6 feet. Power Cord Kit WX09X70910,
available for purchase from an authorized GE
appliance dealer, meets these requirements.
• Install strain relief in the junction box bracket.
• Insert the power cord through the strain relief and
• Make sure black, white and green dishwasher
wires are threaded through the small hole in the
junction box bracket.
• Connect power cord white (or ribbed) to
dishwasher white, black (or smooth) to dishwasher
black and ground to dishwasher green wire. Use
UL-listed wire nuts of appropriate size.
• Install junction box cover using the #10 hex-head
screw. Be sure wires are not pinched under the
STEP 6: INSTALL 90° ELBOW
• Wrap a 90° elbow with thread seal tape.
• Thead the 90° elbow into the water valve.
• Do not overtighten the elbow; water valve bracket
could bend or the valve fitting could break.
• Position the end of the elbow to face the rear
of the dishwasher.
STEP 7: INSTALL DRAIN HOSE TO
DISHWASHER DRAIN PORT
Skip this step if drain hose has been preinstalled.
In this step you will need the drain hose and clamp
set aside in Step 1.
Prevent drain hose damage
and possible leaks. Be careful not to nick or cut
the drain hose.
• Route the small end of the drain hose from the left
06H-1949 Elbow Install
side of the dishwasher through the strain relief
attached to the dishwasher frame and toward
the center of the dishwasher as shown in Figures
L and M.
• Place the hose clamp over the small end of the
• Push the small end of the drain hose over the drain
port on the collection chamber, making sure it is
fully seated against the hose stop.
• Tighten the hose clamp to at least 15 inch-pounds