Installation Preparation – Enclosure
PREPARE DISHWASHER ENCLOSURE
To reduce the risk of shock, fire, or injury
to persons, the installer must ensure that
the dishwasher is completely enclosed at
the time of installation.
Para reducir el riesgo de choque, incendio
o lesión a personas, el instalador se
debe cerciorar de que la lavadora esté
completamente cerrada en el momento
de la instalación.
• The rough cabinet opening must have a minimum
width and depth of 24" and height of 34-1/2" ± 1/4"
from the floor to the underside of the countertop.
• The back wall should be free of pipes or wires.
• Adjacent cabinets should be square and plumb to
ensure a good fit. Refer to Figure A.
• For a corner installation, allow 2" minimum
clearance between the dishwasher and the
• Provide at least 27" in front of the dishwasher to
allow the dishwasher door to open fully. Refer to
• Make sure the floor is level inside the opening and
even with the finished floor of the kitchen. This will
facilitate removal of the dishwasher at a later date
for service, if needed.
• The dishwasher must be installed no more than
10 feet from sink for proper drainage.
• The dishwasher must be fully enclosed on the top,
sides and back.
• The dishwasher must not support any part of the
In a corner installation, provide
at least 2" clearance between
the dishwasher and the adjacent
cabinet, wall or other appliance.
Provide at least 27" of clearance
in front of the dishwasher.