Do not remove the wood base until you are ready to
install the dishwasher. The dishwasher will tip over
when the door is opened if the base is removed.
No retire la base de madera hasta que esté listo para
instalar la lavadora de platos. Cuando la puerta se abra,
la lavadora de platos se inclinará si la base se retira.
STEP 1: PREPARATION
Locate the items in the installation package and set
them aside for use in the listed steps.
• Screw kit – Steps 5 or 16 and 13
• Junction box cover – Steps 5 or 16
• Drain hose and drain hose clamp – Step 7
• Owners' Manual – Steps 18 and 21
• Product Samples and/or coupons – Step 21
• Conversion leads (Factory-equipped power cord
models only) – Appendix
STEP 2: CHECK DOOR BALANCE
• With the dishwasher on the wood base, check the
door balance by opening and closing the door.
• The door is properly balanced if it gently drops
from a 1/2 open position and does not rise from
the full open position.
• If necessary, increase or decrease tension as
shown. Latch the door and adjust springs to
Insert Hook Through
Hole from Inside of Frame
Tip: Avoid service calls for door balance problems.
Make sure the spring end is fully engaged in a
frame hole and the spring link is fully seated in the
STEP 3: REMOVE WOOD BASE
Damage will occur.
• Move the dishwasher close to the installation
• Remove the four leveling
• Remove and
• Screw leveling legs back into the dishwasher
STEP 4: REMOVE ACCESS PANEL
The top mounting holes in the access panel are
• Remove the lower two 10-16 x 3/8" sheet metal
• Slide the access panel to the left as far as it will go.
• Gently pull the access panel forward to remove
Set access panel, toekick and screws aside for use
in Step 20.
the 3/8" sheet
Link fully seated
in this step.
in hinge arm
This will help
prevent a mix-
up with the
in Step 20.
Do not kick off wood base!
location and lay it on its back.
legs from the underside of
the wood base
with a 15/16"
frame, approximately 3/4" from the frame, as
screws. Do not remove the two top 8-32 x 1/4"
machine thread screws.
it from the top screws.