"TV+AMP" in the HDMI settings menu. If
set to "AMP," the sound is not output from
the TV speaker. If you output the multi-
channel sound from the receiver, set to
• Be sure to turn on the receiver when video
and audio signals of a playback component
are being output to a TV through this
receiver. If you set "Pass Through" to
"OFF," unless the power is on, neither video
nor audio signals will be transmitted.
• Audio signals (format, sampling frequency,
bit length, etc.) transmitted from an HDMI
jack may be suppressed by the connected
component. Check the setup of the
connected component if an image is poor or
the sound does not come out of a component
connected via the HDMI cable.
• Sound may be interrupted when the
sampling frequency, the number of channels
or audio format of audio output signals from
the playback component is switched.
• When the connected component is not
compatible with copyright protection
technology (HDCP), the image and/or the
sound from the HDMI OUT jack may be
distorted or may not be output.
In this case, check the specification of the
• Set the image resolution of the player to
more than 720p/1080i to enjoy High Bitrate
Audio (DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby
• The image resolution of player may need
certain settings be made before you can
enjoy multi-channel Linear PCM. Refer to
the operating instructions of the player.
• You can enjoy High Bitrate Audio (DTS-HD
Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD), and multi-
channel Linear PCM with an HDMI
• To enjoy 3D images, connect 3D-compatible
TV and video components (Blu-ray Disc
Player, Blu-ray Disc recorder, PlayStation 3,
etc.) to the receiver using High Speed HDMI
cables, put on 3D glasses, and then play back
a 3D-compatible content.
• Not every HDMI component supports all
functions that are defined by the specified
HDMI version. For example, components
that support HDMI, ver. 1.3a, may not
support Deep Color.
• Refer to the operating instructions of each
component connected for details.