DVD player, Blu-ray Disc Player, PlayStation 3, Hard disk recorder, Satellite tuner/Cable box,
A HDMI cable (not supplied)
We recommend that you use a Sony HDMI
* You can connect any components with HDMI
output jacks to the HDMI IN jacks of the receiver.
However, HDMI IN 4 is an input which takes
sound quality into account.
Notes on connecting cables
• Use a High Speed HDMI cable. If you use a
Standard HDMI cable, 1080p, Deep Color,
or 3D images may not be displayed properly.
• Sony recommends that you use an HDMI-
authorized cable or Sony HDMI cable.
• We do not recommend using an HDMI-DVI
conversion cable. When you connect an
HDMI-DVI conversion cable to a DVI-D
component, the sound and/or the image may
not be output. Connect other audio cords or
digital connecting cords, then set "Input
Assign" in the Input Option menu when the
sound is not output correctly.
• Before connecting cables, make sure to
disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead).
Notes on HDMI connections
• An audio signal input to the HDMI IN jack
is output from the speaker output jacks,
PHONES jack, HDMI OUT jack and PRE
OUT jacks. It is not output from any other
• A video signal input to the HDMI IN jack
can only be output from the HDMI OUT
jack. The video input cannot be output from
the VIDEO OUT jacks or MONITOR
VIDEO OUT jacks.
• When you want to listen to the sound from
the TV speaker, set "Audio Out" to