• If you change the HDMI connection,
connect/disconnect the AC power cord, or
there is a power failure, repeat the
procedures of "Preparing for the
"BRAVIA" Sync" (page 95).
• When "Control for HDMI" is set to
"OFF," the "BRAVIA" Sync does not
work properly, even if a component is
connected to the HDMI IN jack.
• The types and the number of components
which can be controlled by the "BRAVIA"
Sync are restricted in the HDMI CEC
standard as follows.
– Recording component (Blu-ray Disc
recorder, DVD recorder, etc.): up to 3
– Playback component (Blu-ray Disc
Player, DVD player, etc.): up to 3
– Tuner-related component: up to 4
– AV receiver (audio system): up to 1
No sound is output from the receiver
and TV speaker while using the System
Audio Control function.
• Make sure the TV is compatible with the
System Audio Control function.
• If the TV does not have System Audio
Control function, set the "Audio Out"
settings in HDMI settings menu to
– "TV+AMP" if you want to listen to the
sound from the TV speaker and
– "AMP" if you want to listen to the
sound from the receiver.
• When you connect the receiver to a video
component (projector, etc.), sound may
not be output from the receiver. In this
case, select "AMP."
• You cannot listen to the sound of a
component connected to the receiver while
a TV is selected as the input on the
– Change the input of the receiver to
HDMI when you want to watch a
program on a component connected to
– Change the TV channel when you want
to watch a TV broadcast.
– Select the component or input you want
to watch when you watch a program on
the component connected to the TV.
Refer to the operating instructions of the
TV on this operation.
• When using the Control for HDMI
function, you cannot control the connected
component using TV's remote.
– Depending on the connected component
and TV, you may need to set up the
component and TV. Refer to the
operation instructions supplied with
each component and TV.
– Change the input of the receiver to the
HDMI input connected to the
The remote does not function.
• Point the remote at the remote sensor on
• Remove any obstacles in the path between
the remote and the receiver.
• Replace all the batteries in the remote with
new ones, if they are weak.
• Make sure that the command modes of the
receiver and the remote are the same. If the
command mode of the receiver and the
remote are different, you cannot operate
the receiver with the remote (page 103).
• Make sure you select the correct input on
• When you operate a programmed non-
Sony component, the remote may not
function properly depending on the model
and the maker of the component.
Cannot find the server.
• Search the server using the "Server
Search" function (page 80).
• Check the following:
– Is the router turned on?