• "PLII (Music/Movie)," "PLIIx (Music/
Movie)," "PLIIz Height," and "Neo:6
(Music/Cinema)" do not work when the
speaker pattern is set to 2/0 or 2/0.1.
Dolby Digital or DTS multi-channel
sound is not reproduced.
• Check that the DVD, etc., you are playing
is recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS
• When connecting the DVD player, etc., to
the digital input jacks of this receiver,
make sure the setting for the digital audio
output of the connected component is
Recording cannot be carried out.
• Check that the components are connected
correctly (page 34).
• Select the source component (page 57).
The MULTI CHANNEL DECODING lamp
does not light up in blue.
• Check that the playback component is
connected on a digital jack and the input is
selected properly on this receiver.
• Check whether the input source of the
software being played back corresponds to
the multi-channel format.
• Check whether the setup on the playback
component is set to multi-channel sound.
• Check to make sure the selected audio
(digital) input jack is not assigned to other
inputs in "Input Assign" in the Input menu
There is no sound from the component
connected to the DIGITAL MEDIA PORT
• Adjust the volume of this receiver.
• The DIGITAL MEDIA PORT adapter
and/or component is not connected
correctly. Turn off the receiver, then
reconnect the DIGITAL MEDIA PORT
adapter and/or component.
• Check the DIGITAL MEDIA PORT
adapter and/or component device to make
sure it supports this receiver.
There is no picture or an unclear
picture appears on the TV screen or
• Select the appropriate input on the receiver
• Set your TV to the appropriate input mode.
• Move your TV away from the audio
• Assign the component video input
• The input signal should be same as input
when you are up-converting an input
signal with this receiver (page 32).
• When you use an HDMI-DVI conversion
cable for the connection, the image may
not be output correctly.
The image of the COMPONENT VIDEO
OUT is corrupted.
• The resolution of output signals from the
COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks may
not be supported by your TV. In this case,
select the appropriate resolution on the
receiver (page 118).
Images from the component connected
to the HDMI jack are not output to the
TV, are distorted, or are interrupted.
• Make sure that cables are correctly and
securely connected to components.
• Depending on the playback component,
component may need to be set up. Refer to
the operating instructions supplied with
the each component.
• Be sure to use a connecting cable for the
HDMI jack corresponding to High Speed
HDMI cable when you view images or
listen to sound during a 1080p, Deep
Color, or 3D transmission.
No 3D image appears on the TV.
• Depending on the TV or the video
component, 3D images may not be
displayed. Check the 3D image formats
supported by the system (page 156).