• OFF: The receiver does not output HDMI
signals when the receiver is in the standby
mode. Turn on the receiver to enjoy the
connected equipment's source on the TV.
This setting saves power in the standby
mode when compared with the "ON"
• This function is not available when "Ctrl for
HDMI" is set to "OFF".
• When "AUTO" is selected, it may take a little more
time for the image and sound to be output to the TV
than when "ON" is selected.
• When the receiver is in standby mode,
"A.STANDBY" appears on the display panel if
"Pass Through" is set to "AUTO" or "ON".
However, "A.STANDBY" will disappear when
"Pass Through" is set to "AUTO" and no signals
x Audio Out
Lets you set the HDMI audio signals from the
playback equipment connected to the receiver
via an HDMI connection.
• AMP: The HDMI audio signals from the
playback equipment is only output to the
speakers connected to the receiver. Multi
channel sound can be played back as it is.
• TV+AMP: The sound is output from TV's
speaker and the speakers connected to the
• The sound quality of the playback equipment
depends on the TV's sound quality, such as the
number of channels, and the sampling
frequency, etc. If the TV has stereo speakers, the
sound output from the receiver is also in stereo as
that of the TV, even if you play back multi
• When you connect the receiver to an image
display equipment (projector, etc.), sound may
not be output from the receiver. In this case,
• When you select the input that you have assigned
the HDMI input, sound does not output from the
x HDMI Assign
Lets you reassign the HDMI input jacks. For
details, see "HDMI input assign" (page 62).
System Settings menu
You can customize the settings of the receiver.
x Auto Standby
Lets you set the receiver switch to standby
mode automatically when you do not operate
the receiver or when there is no signals input to
• ON: Switches to standby mode after
approximately 30 minutes.
• OFF: Does not switch to standby mode.
• This function does not work when TUNER input is
• If you use the Auto standby mode and the Sleep
Timer at the same time, the Sleep Timer has