Notes on HDMI connections
• An audio signal input to the HDMI IN jack
is output through the SPEAKERS terminals,
HDMI TV OUT jack and PHONES jack. It
is not output through any other audio jacks.
• Video signals input to the HDMI IN jack can
only be output through the HDMI TV OUT
jack. The video input signals cannot be
output through the VIDEO OUT jacks or
MONITOR OUT jacks.
• The audio and video signals of HDMI input
are not output from the HDMI TV OUT jack
while the GUI menu is displayed.
• When you want to listen to the sound from
the TV speaker, set the "Audio Out" to
"TV+AMP" in the HDMI Settings menu
(page 69). If you cannot play back multi
channel audio source, set to "AMP".
However, the sound will not output through
the TV speaker.
• DSD signals of Super Audio CD are not
input and output.
• The multi/stereo area audio signals of a
Super Audio CD are not output.
• Be sure to turn the receiver on when the
video and audio signals of a playback
equipment are being output to a TV via the
receiver. If you set the "Pass Through" to
"OFF", video and audio signals will not be
transmitted when the power is turned off.
• Audio signals (format, sampling frequency,
bit length, etc.) transmitted from an HDMI
jack may be suppressed by the connected
equipment. Check the setup of the connected
equipment if the image is poor or the sound
does not come out of the equipment
connected via the HDMI cable.
• Sound may be interrupted when the
sampling frequency, the number of channels
or audio format of audio output signals from
the playback equipment is switched.
• When the connected equipment is not
compatible with copyright protection
technology (HDCP), the image and/or the
sound from the HDMI TV OUT jack may be
distorted or may be lost.
If this is the case, check the specification of
the connected equipment.
• You can enjoy High Bitrate Audio (DTS-HD
Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD), Multi
Channel Linear PCM only with an HDMI
• Set the image resolution of the playback
equipment to more than 720p/1080i to enjoy
High Bitrate Audio (DTS-HD Master
Audio, Dolby TrueHD).
• The image resolution of the playback
equipment may need to be at certain settings
before you can enjoy Multi Channel Linear
PCM. Refer to the operating instructions of
the playback equipment.
• To enjoy 3D images, connect 3D-compatible
TV and video equipment (Blu-ray Disc
player, Blu-ray Disc recorder, PlayStation 3,
etc.) to the receiver using High Speed HDMI
cables, put on 3D glasses, and then play back
a 3D-compatible content.
• Depending on the TV or the video
equipment, 3D images may not be
• Not every HDMI equipment supports all
functions that are defined by the specific
HDMI version. For example, equipment that
support HDMI, version 1.4, may not support
Audio Return Channel (ARC).
• Refer to the operating instructions of each
connected equipment for details.