• Be sure to use a High Speed HDMI cable
when you view images or listen to sound,
especially for the 1080p, Deep Color
(Deep Colour) or 3D transmission.
No 3D image appears on the TV.
• Depending on the TV or the video
equipment, 3D images may not be
When the receiver is in standby mode,
there is no image output from the TV.
• When the receiver enters into standby
mode, image is from the last HDMI
equipment selection before you turned off
the receiver. If you are enjoying other
equipment, play the equipment and
perform the One-Touch Play operation, or
turn on the receiver to select the HDMI
equipment you want to enjoy.
• Make sure "Pass Through" is set to "ON"
in the HDMI Settings menu if you connect
equipment not compatible with the
"BRAVIA" Sync to the receiver (page 68).
Recording cannot be carried out.
• Check that the equipment is connected
• Select the source equipment using the
input buttons (page 41).
The GUI menu does not appear on the
• Press GUI MODE repeatedly to select
"GUI ON". If the GUI menu still does not
appear on the TV screen, press MENU.
• Check that the TV is connected correctly.
The FM reception is poor.
• Use a 75-ohm coaxial cable (not supplied)
to connect the receiver to an outdoor FM
antennas (aerial) as shown below.
Outdoor FM antenna (aerial)
Radio stations cannot be tuned in.
• Check that the antennas (aerials) are
connected securely. Adjust the antennas
(aerials) and connect an external antenna
(aerial), if necessary.
• The signal strength of the stations is too
weak with automatic tuning. Use direct
• Make sure you set the tuning scale
correctly (when tuning in AM stations
with direct tuning) (page 50).
• No stations have been preset or the preset
stations have been cleared (when tuning
by scanning preset stations is used). Preset
the stations (page 50).
• Press AMP, then press DISPLAY
repeatedly on the remote control so that
the frequency appears on the display
RDS does not work.*
• Make sure that you are tuned to an FM
• Select a stronger FM station.