The RDS information that you want
does not appear.*
• The service may be temporarily out of
order. Contact the radio station and find
out whether they actually provide the
service in question.
* Europe model only.
The sound is distorted.
• Press MASTER VOL – or
remote control repeatedly.
• Set the "EQ" setting of the iPhone/iPod to
"Off" or "Flat".
The iPhone/iPod cannot be charged.
• Check that the receiver is turned on.
• Make sure the iPhone/iPod is connected
The iPhone/iPod cannot be operated.
• Check that you have removed the protect
case of the iPhone/iPod.
• Depending on the contents of the iPhone/
iPod, it may take time to start playback.
• Disconnect the iPhone/iPod and connect
the iPhone/iPod again.
• You are using an unsupported iPhone/
iPod. See "Compatible iPod/iPhone
models" (page 43) for the supported
The ring volume of the iPhone does not
• Adjust the ring volume using the controls
on the iPhone.
Are you using a supported USB
– on the
There is noise, skipping, or distorted
The USB device cannot be connected
"Reading" is displayed for an extended
time, or it takes a long time before
• If you connect an unsupported USB
device, the following problems may occur.
See "Compatible USB devices" (page 46)
for the supported device types.
– The USB device is not recognized.
– File or folder names are not displayed
on this receiver.
– Playback is not possible.
– The sound skips.
– There is noise.
– A distorted sound is output.
• Turn off the receiver and reconnect the
USB device, then turn on the receiver.
• The music data itself contains noise, or the
sound is distorted.
• The USB device is being connected
backwards. Connect the USB device in the
• The reading process can take a long time
in the following cases.
– There are many folders or files on the
– The file structure is extremely complex.
– The memory capacity is excessive.
– The internal memory is fragmented.
Thus, we recommend following these
– Total folders on USB device: 100 or less
(including "ROOT" folder)
– Total files per folder: 100 or less.