• make sure that the commercially frozen foodstuffs were adequately stored by the retail-
• be sure that frozen foodstuffs are transferred from the foodstore to the freezer in the
shortest possible time;
• not open the door frequently or leave it open longer than absolutely necessary;
• once defrosted, food deteriorates rapidly and cannot be refrozen;
• do not exceed the storage period indicated by the food manufacturer.
CARE AND CLEANING
Unplug the appliance before carrying out any maintenance operation.
This appliance contains hydrocarbons in its cooling unit; maintenance and recharging must
therefore only be carried out by authorized technicians.
The equipment has to be cleaned regularly:
• clean the inside and accessories with lukewarm water and some neutral soap.
• regularly check the door seals and wipe clean to ensure they are clean and free from
• rinse and dry thoroughly.
Do not pull, move or damage any pipes and/or cables inside the cabinet.
Never use detergents, abrasive powders, highly perfumed cleaning products or wax polishes
to clean the interior as this will damage the surface and leave a strong odour.
Clean the condenser (black grill) and the compressor at the back of the appliance with a
brush. This operation will improve the performance of the appliance and save electricity
Take care of not to damage the cooling system.
Many proprietary kitchen surface cleaners contain chemicals that can attack/damage the
plastics used in this appliance. For this reason it is recommended that the outer casing of
this appliance is only cleaned with warm water with a little washing-up liquid added.
Defrosting the freezer
A certain amount of frost will always form on the freezer shelves and around the top com-
Defrost the freezer when the frost layer reaches a thickness of about 3-5 mm.
To remove the frost, follow the instructions below:
• switch off the appliance and pull out the plug from the wall socket
• remove any stored food, wrap it in several layers of newspaper and put it in a cool place
• remove the freezer drawers
Care and cleaning