– thoroughly ventilate the room in which the appliance is situated
• It is dangerous to alter the specifications or modify this product in any way. Any damage
to the cord may cause a short-circuit, fire and/or electric shock.
Any electrical component (power cord, plug, compressor) must be replaced by a certified
service agent or qualified service personnel to avoid hazard.
Power cord must not be lengthened.
Make sure that the power plug is not squashed or damaged by the back of the ap-
pliance. A squashed or damaged power plug may overheat and cause a fire.
Make sure that you can come to the mains plug of the appliance.
Do not pull the mains cable.
If the power plug socket is loose, do not insert the power plug. There is a risk of
electric shock or fire.
You must not operate the appliance without the lamp cover (if foreseen) of interior
• This appliance is heavy. Care should be taken when moving it.
• Do not remove nor touch items from the freezer compartment if your hands are damp/
wet, as this could cause skin abrasions or frost/freezer burns.
• Avoid prolonged exposure of the appliance to direct sunlight.
• Bulb lamps (if foreseen) used in this appliance are special purpose lamps selected for
household appliances use only. They are not suitable for household room illumination.
• Do not put hot pot on the plastic parts in the appliance.
• Do not store flammable gas and liquid in the appliance, because they may explode.
• Do not place food products directly against the air outlet on the rear wall. (If the appli-
ance is Frost Free)
• Frozen food must not be re-frozen once it has been thawed out.
• Store pre-packed frozen food in accordance with the frozen food manufacturer's in-
• Appliance's manufacturers storage recommendations should be strictly adhered to. Refer
to relevant instructions.
• Do not place carbonated or fizzy drinks in the freezer compartment as it creates pressure
on the container, which may cause it to explode, resulting in damage to the appliance.
• Ice lollies can cause frost burns if consumed straight from the appliance.
Care and cleaning
• Before maintenance, switch off the appliance and disconnect the mains plug from the
• Do not clean the appliance with metal objects.
• Do not use sharp objects to remove frost from the appliance. Use a plastic scraper.