Before you connect the camcorder to the computer with the USB cable
for the first time, you must install the Digital Video Software.
(version 10.1/10.2) Users:
Your digital video camcorder is equipped with the standard Picture
Transfer Protocol (PTP). This protocol enables you to download images by
simply connecting the camera to a computer with the USB cable (using
software such as iPhoto or Image Capture preinstalled on Mac OS X)
However, please note that there are several limitations to downloading
images with this method. To avoid these problems, install ImageBrowser
to download images.
It may take a few minutes, after connecting the camcorder, until you
can download Images.
Only AVI* movie files can be downloaded. Thumbnails cannot be
* Two files are created in the camcorder (for example: [MVI_0001 .AVI]
and [MVI_0001.THM]). [MVI_0001.THM] files cannot be downloaded
but movies can still be played back on the computer.
Mac OS X version 10.2
• You may not be able to download images with iPhoto if the memory
card contains an enormous volume of images (approx. 900 or more).
• The Exif* version may change to 2.1 and image Information may be
modified when downloading images with Image Capture. To
download images without any information changes, use the
1. Connect the camcorder to the computer and prepare it to
2. Start Image Capture.
3. In the screen that appears, click [Options].
4. Remove the checkmark from [Embed Colorsync profile] in the
[Download Options] tab and click [OK].
Images shot with camcorders complying with Exif Print
incorporate shooting settings information, such as the shooting
conditions and program AE mode, along with the image data.
Close any programs that are running.
Set the DIGITAL VIDEO SOLUTION DISK For Macintosh in the
computer's CD-ROM drive.