Recording Motion JPEG Movies on a Memory Card
You can record Motion JPEG movies with the camcorder, from a tape in the camcorder
or from devices connected via the DV terminal or the AV terminal. The sound of a
movie recorded on a memory card will be monaural.
1. Press the start/stop button to begin recording.
• You can keep recording until "CARD FULL" appears.
• With MultiMediaCards, the recording time is limited to 10 sec.
240 pixels and 30 sec. in 160
2. Press the start/stop button to stop recording.
Do not turn off the camcorder, change the position of the TAPE/CARD switch,
disconnect the power source, open the memory card cover or remove the
memory card while the card access indicator is flashing. Doing so could result
in data damage.
When you are using a SO Memory Card, make sure that the protect switch is
set to allow recording.
Do not load/unload a cassette during recording.
We recommend using a Canon SO Memory Card, or a SO Memory Card that
guarantees a transfer rate of 2 MB/sec., right after you have formatted it with
this camcorder. With memory cards not formatted with this camcorder, or
when recording/erasing has been repeatedly performed, the writing speed may
be lower and recording may stop.
You can select the focusing point when recording a movie on the memory
Users of Windows XP: When you plan to connect the camcorder to a
computer, keep the length of one movie shorter than approx. 12 min. in
240 and 35 min. in 160
1. Play back the tape.
2. Press the start/stop button when the scene you wish to record appears.
3. Press the start/stop to stop recording.