3gb33001.fm5 Page 34 Monday, August 20, 2001 3:48 PM
BEFORE USING THE REFRIGERATOR
• After unpacking, make sure that the appliance is
undamaged and that the door closes perfectly
tight. Any damage must be reported to your
retailer within 24 hours after delivery of the
• The packaging box is recyclable and is marked
with the recycling symbol
• The appliance is built with reusable material.
When scrapping, follow the local environment
protection disposal regulations. To avoid the risk
of children being trapped and therefore
Declaration of conformity
This appliance is designed to store food and is
manufactured in conformity with EEC directive
This appliance has been designed, built, and
marketed in compliance with:
Precautions and general suggestions
Use the refrigerator compartment only for the storage of fresh
food and the freezer compartment only for the storage of
frozen food, the freezing of fresh food, and to make ice cubes.
After installation, make sure that the refrigerator does not
stand on the power cable.
Do not store glass containers with liquids in the freezer
since they may burst.
Do not eat ice cubes or ice lollies immediately after taking
them out of the freezer since they may cause "cold" burns.
Before carrying out any maintenance or cleaning, always
unplug the appliance or disconnect the power supply.
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapours and
liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance. The
fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
• Make sure that your refrigerator is not near a heat source.
• Place it in a dry and well ventilated room.
• To ensure proper ventilation leave a 1.25 cm space on both
sides and at the top of the refrigerator.
• Clean the inside of the refrigerator before using it.
• Let the refrigerator stand (don't move it) for at least one
hour before connecting it to the power supply.
• The ice maker should be connected to a water supply that
delivers drinkable or chemically purified water.
• Install and level the refrigerator on a floor that will hold the
weight and in an area suitable for its size and use.
• Do not use the refrigerator in an area where the room
temperature will fall below 13°C.
suffocating, do not allow them to play or hide
inside the refrigerator. Render the refrigerator
inoperative by removing the doors and cutting the
power cable off. Do not dump the appliance. Take
it to the local disposal centre so that the
refrigerant may be properly recovered and treated.
• Make sure that the installation and the electrical
connection are carried out by a qualified
technician according to the manufacturer's
instructions and local safety regulations.
- the safety targets of the Low Voltage EEC
- the protection requirements of the "EMC" EEC
Directive 89/336 amended by EEC Directive 93/68.
This appliance is free of CFC's (refrigerant circuit
contains R134a). For more details, please refer
to the rating plate on the appliance.