3gb33001.fm5 Page 56 Monday, August 20, 2001 3:48 PM
WATER FILTRATION AND MONITORING SYSTEM
(ON SOME MODELS)
Using the dispenser without the water filter
You can run the dispenser without a water filter cartridge. Your
water will not be filtered. If you run the dispenser without a
water filter cartridge, keep the cartridge cap and replace it in
the base grille for future use.
1.Remove the water filter cartridge (See "Changing a water
filter cartridge" earlier in this section.) Then slide the
cartridge cap off the end of the filter cartridge. DO NOT
DISCARD THE CAP.
2.With the cartridge cap in the vertical position, insert the cap
into the base grille until it stops.
3.Rotate the cartridge cap to a horizontal position.
NOTE: The cartridge cap may not be even with the base grille.
Ordering replacement filters
To order more water filter cartridges, please contact your
authorized Whirlpool dealer.
(FOR ALL MODELS GREATER THAN 60 cm DEEP)
• We recommend that installation is carried out by a qualified
plumber or by the After-sales Service nearest to the sales
outlet where the appliance was purchased.
• Disconnect the electrical supply to the refrigerator prior to
installing the ice maker water line.
• The appliance is supplied with 2 metres of coiled water
tubing for connecting the ice maker to the water supply.
• First remove the protective rubber cap, then connect the
smallest end of the coiled tubing (1) to the water
connector(2). Do not over-tighten the connection.
• Connect the large connector (3) to the domestic water
• The appliance is pre-set for operation at pressures between
1.5 and 8 atm (20 and 120 psi).
• Open the water tap. Check for and correct any leaks.
• The appliance does not require any adjustment or the use of
a water drain.
NOTE: The water connection should be carried out in
compliance with local regulations.