V I I I . C O M F O R T A D J U S T M E N T S
There is an armrest adjustment dial on the underside of each armrest. To adjust the armrest angle upward or
downward while seated in your scooter:
n Turn the armrest adjustment dial to the left to lower the armrest angle or to the right to raise the armrest
NOTE: The armrests also pivot upward to make getting on and off of your scooter easier.
POSITIONING BELT (Optional)
Your scooter seat may be equipped with an auto-type positioning belt that can be adjusted for operator
comfort. See figure 17. The positioning belt is designed to help support the operator so that he or she does
not slide down or forward in the seat. The positioning belt is not designed for use as a restraining device.
To install the positioning belt (if required):
1. Remove the seat from your scooter.
2. Place the seat upside down so that you can see the bottom of the seat base. See figure 17A.
3. Use a wrench to remove the two back bolts on the outermost part of the rear seat.
4. Insert the bolt through the appropriate ends of the positioning belt and then reinstall the bolts and belt
back into the seat bottom.
5. Tighten the bolts.
To adjust the positioning belt for operator comfort:
1. Insert the metal tab on the right side of the belt into the plastic housing on the opposite strap until you
hear a click.
2. Pull the strap on the right side of the belt until it is secure, but not so tight as to cause discomfort.
Figure 17. Positioning Belt
Figure 17A. Positioning Belt Installation