V I . B A T T E R I E S A N D C H A R G I N G
To change a battery in your scooter:
terminals, and related accessories
contain lead and lead compounds.
Wash hands after handling.
1. Power down your scooter and remove the key.
2. Remove the seat.
3. Gently lift the rear shroud off of your scooter
high enough to be able to disconnect the rear
lighting harnesses. See figure 12.
4. Disconnect the battery tie-down strap.
5. Disconnect the battery harness from the battery
harness mating plug. See figure 12A.
6. Disconnect the battery cables from the battery
7. Remove the old battery.
8. Place a new battery in the battery well.
9. Connect the red battery cable to the positive (+)
10. Connect the black battery cable to the negative
(-) battery terminal.
11. Reconnect the battery harness to the battery har-
ness mating plug. See figure 12A.
12. Reconnect the battery tie-down strap.
13. Reconnect the rear lighting harnesses.
14. Reinstall the rear shroud and the seat.
BATTERY DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING
If you encounter a damaged or cracked battery, immediately enclose it in a plastic bag and call your autho-
rized Pride Provider for instructions on disposal. Your authorized Pride Provider will also have the neces-
sary information on battery recycling, which is our recommended course of action.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ
How does the charger work?
When battery voltage is low, the charger works harder and sends more electrical current to the batteries to
bring up their charge. As battery voltage approaches a full charge, the charger sends less electrical current
to the batteries. When the batteries are fully charged, the current sent from the charger is at nearly zero
amperage. Therefore, when the charger is plugged in, it maintains the charge on your batteries but does not
overcharge them. We do not recommend that you charge your batteries for more than 24 consecutive hours.
Can I use a different charger?
For the safest, most efficient, and balanced charging of the batteries, you should simultaneously charge
both batteries using only the manufacturer-supplied onboard battery charger.
Figure 12. Disconnect Lighting Harnesses
BATTERY HARNESS MATING PLUGS
Figure 12A. Disconnect Battery Harnesses