Troubleshooting a Cordless Scanner
Note: Make sure that your scanner's battery is charged.
Visit the Services and Support section of our website
(www.honeywellaidc.com) to check for the latest software for both
the scanner and the base or Access Point.
Is the scanner having trouble reading your symbols?
If the scanner isn't reading symbols well, check that the symbols:
• Aren't smeared, rough, scratched, or exhibiting voids.
• Aren't coated with frost or water droplets on the surface.
• Are enabled in the base or Access Point to which the scanner connects.
Is the bar code displayed but not entered into the application?
The bar code is displayed on the host device correctly, but you still have to
press a key to enter it (the Enter/Return key or the Tab key, for example).
• You need to program a suffix. Programming a suffix enables the scanner
to output the bar code data plus the key you need (such as "CR") to enter
the data into your application. Refer to
5-1 for further information.
Does the scanner read the bar code incorrectly?
If the scanner reads a bar code, but the data is not displayed correctly on
the host screen:
• The base or Access Point may not be programmed for the appropriate
terminal interface. For example, you scan "12345" and the host displays
Reprogram the base/Access Point with the correct Plug and Play bar code.
Programming the Interface
• The bas or Access Pointe may not be programmed to output your bar
code data properly. For example, you scan "12345" and the host
Reprogram the base/Access Point with the proper symbology selections.
The scanner won't read your bar code at all.
• Scan the sample bar codes in the back of this manual. If the scanner
reads the sample bar codes, check that your bar code is readable.
Verify that your bar code symbology is enabled (see
If the scanner still can't read the sample bar codes, scan
13 - 6
on page 7-2.
beginning on page 2-1.