Sapphire.book Page i Friday, August 1, 2003 9:12 AM
Important Safety Instructions
When using this machine, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
Read all instructions before using.
1. The machine should never be left unattended while plugged in. Always unplug the machine
from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
1. Do not allow this machine to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when the machine is
used by or near children.
2. Use this machine only for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only accessories
recommended by the manufacturer as contained in this manual.
3. Never operate this machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has
been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the machine to the nearest authorized
dealer or service center for examination, repair, and electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. Never operate the machine with any air openings blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the
machine free from the accumulation of lint, dust, and loose cloth.
5. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being
8. To disconnect, set the main power switch to the " " position, which represents off, and then
remove the plug from the outlet.
9. Do not unplug by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
10. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around the machine needle.
11. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
12. Do not use bent needles.
13. Set the main power switch to the " " position when making any adjustments in the needle area,
such as changing the needle.
14. Always unplug the machine from the electrical outlet when lubricating it or when making any
other user servicing adjustments mentioned in the manual.
15. This sewing machine is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without
16. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with this machine.
17. Keep fingers out of all sewing machine openings, such as near the carriage, otherwise injuries
This machine is intended for household use.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS