When using an HDTV equipped with an HDMI connector
If you are using an HDTV equipped with an HDMI connector, you can view images higher
image quality by using an HDMI cable (not supplied).
1 Connect the camera to the TV with the HDMI cable.
2 Turn on the TV and switch the input.
3 Turn on the camera.
The camera turns to the playback mode automatically.
• Use an HDMI cable with the HDMI logo.
• Use an HDMI mini connector on one end (for the camera), and a connector suitable for connection to your
TV on the other end.
• By connecting your camera to Sony's VIDEO-A compatible TV using an HDMI cable, TV sets suitable
image quality for viewing still picture automatically. Please refer to the operating instructions of Sony's
VIDEO-A compatible TV for more details.
• Some devices may not work properly.
• Do not connect the output connector of the device with the HDMI terminal on the camera. This may cause
• You can change the type of output signal with [HDMI output] in the
On "PhotoTV HD"
This camera is compatible with the "PhotoTV HD" standard.
By connecting Sony's PhotoTV HD-compatible devices using an HDMI cable, whole new
world of photos can be enjoyed in breathtaking Full HD quality.
PhotoTV HD allows for a highly-detailed, photo-like expression of subtle textures and colors.
On TV color systems
If you want to view images on a TV screen, you need a TV with a video input jack and the
video cable. The color system of the TV must match that of your digital still camera. Check
the following lists for the TV color system of the country or region where the camera is used.
Bahama Islands, Bolivia, Canada, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Jamaica,
Japan, Korea, Mexico, Peru, Surinam, Taiwan, the Philippines, the U.S.A., Venezuela, etc.
1 To the HDMI
2 To the
Setup menu (page 121).