• The default setting is as follows:
– In auto adjustment mode: Advanced Auto
– In program auto, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, or manual exposure mode: Standard
– In Scene Selection mode: Unfixed, depending on the selected mode
• When using AE lock, the camera automatically corrects the locked image.
• When in Continuous advance mode, the correction is fixed onto the first image, the same correction is
used for the second or later images.
• D-Range Optimizer other than
Range Optimizer function of "Image Data Converter SR."
• When DRO advanced bracket shooting is selected, the setting here is temporarily deactivated.
Using a Creative Style
This camera is pre-programmed with image styles optimal for various scenes and purposes.
You can take a picture with an appropriate color balance and tone.
The camera is equipped with four unswitchable styles ("Standard", "Vivid", "Neutral", and
"Adobe RGB") and three styleboxes, to which you can assign image styles of your choosing.
"Portrait", "Landscape", and "B/W" are assigned to the styleboxes as the default settings.
To take pictures with the styleboxes as they are.
To take pictures with an image style (see "Image styles", (page 68)) assigned to the stylebox.
See "Advanced operation" (page 70).
• If the Scene Selection is used, you cannot change the settings for the Creative Style.
You can adjust the contrast for each image style separately. The switchable image styles and
unswitchable ones have different items that can be adjusted.
(Standard) has no effect on RAW files. Correct images using the D-
See "Basic operation" (page 69).