Fn (Function) button
1 Press the Fn (Function) button to display the Quick Navi screen (page 30).
2 Select the flash compensation item with the multi-selector.
3 Select the desired value with the front or rear control dial.
• When the Exclusive disp screen is displayed in step 2, select the desired value with b/B on the multi-
• You can also select the Exclusive disp screen from the
• You can set the degree of compensation in 1/3 increments within ±3.0. You can set this exposure step to
1/2 EV increments with [Exposure step] in the
• When the built-in flash is pulled up, the set flash compensation value is displayed on the LCD monitor.
• When you press the shutter button halfway down,
• When performing flash compensation with the built-in flash, the positive effect may not be visible due to
the limited amount of flash light, if the subject is at or around the maximum range for the flash. If the
subject is very close, the negative effect may not be visible.
z Exposure compensation and flash compensation
Exposure compensation changes the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO sensitivity (when [AUTO] is
selected) to perform the compensation. If the flash is used, the amount of flash light is also changed*.
On the other hand, flash compensation only changes the amount of flash light, thereby controlling the
relative effect of the flash light on the whole picture. For instance, if you want to reduce the flash light,
you can set the flash compensation on the slightly negative side and at the same time set the exposure
compensation on the positive side to adjust the brightness of the entire picture.
* You can keep the amount of flash light from changing with the exposure compensation with
[Exp.comp.set] in the
Flash compensation item
Custom menu (page 110).
Front control dial
Rear control dial
Recording menu (page 100).
Recording menu (page 98).
appears in the viewfinder.