Using AF illuminator
In the auto focus mode, even when you shoot a subject under dark conditions or a low contrast
subject, the AF illuminator allows the camera to focus more easily on a subject.
Press the shutter button half way down, a red illuminator is automatically emitted until the
focus is locked to focus more easily on a subject.
• The range of the AF illuminator is approximately 1 to 7 m (3.3 to 23 feet).
• AF illuminator does not operate when the focus mode is set to Continuous AF or the subject is moving.
• The AF illuminator may not operate with focal lengths of 300 mm or longer.
• When an external flash is attached, the AF illuminator of the external flash is used.
• You can deactivate the AF illuminator with [AF illuminator] in the
• The AF illuminator does not operate when the center area is not selected with AF area set to Local AF
indicator lights in the viewfinder)
Recording menu (page 102).