• After the image sensor vibrates for a short time, the mirror in front is lifted.
4 Detach the lens.
5 Use the blower to clean the image sensor surface and the surrounding area.
• Do not touch the image sensor with the tip of the blower. Complete the cleaning quickly.
• Hold the camera's face downward to prevent the dust from resettling in the camera.
• Do not use a spray blower because it may scatter vapor inside the camera body.
When cleaning the image sensor, do not put the tip of a blower into the cavity
beyond the lens mount. You do not need to put the blower close to the image
6 Attach the lens and set the POWER switch to OFF.
• The camera starts beeping if the battery pack becomes low during cleaning. Stop the cleaning
immediately and set the POWER switch to OFF.
z To keep dust from entering the camera
• Choose a location with little dust to change the lens, and complete the operation quickly.
• Do not leave the camera without a lens or the body cap.
• When attaching the body cap, remove all the dust from the cap before placing it on the camera.
You can reset the main functions of the camera.
1 Select [Reset default], then press the center of the multi-selector.
The message "Reset default?" appears.
2 Select [OK] with v on the multi-selector, then press the center of the multi-selector.
The main functions are reset.
• For details on the items to be reset, see "Reset default" (page 172).
For details on the operation