1 Set the mode dial to M.
2 Rotate the front control dial to the left until [BULB] is indicated.
3 Rotate the rear control dial to select the aperture.
4 Attach the eyepiece cover (See below).
5 Press and hold the shutter button for the duration of the shooting.
• You can shoot in bulb exposure mode up to about four and a half hours using a fully charged battery pack.
• After shooting, the noise reduction will be done for the same amount of time that the shutter was open.
When the message "Processing..." appears, you cannot do any further shooting. You can cancel this
function with [Long exp.NR] in the
• The Super SteadyShot function is automatically turned off.
• The higher the ISO sensitivity, or the longer the exposure time, the more outstanding the noise on the
• To reduce camera-shake, connecting the Remote Commander is recommended (pages 60, 166).
To attach the eyepiece cover
When the shutter is released without the use of the viewfinder, as in bulb exposure or shooting with the
self-timer, attach the eyepiece cover to prevent light from entering through the viewfinder and affecting
1 Carefully slide the eyecup off by pushing on each side of the eyecup.
2 Slide the eyepiece cover over the viewfinder. The cover is normally attached to the shoulder
Recording menu (page 103).