5. Add detergent
Tips on dosing
Adjust the detergent dosage to the level
of soiling of the laundry and the size of
the load. Reduce the amount of deter-
gent with smaller loads (e.g. reduce the
amount of detergent by ⅓ when wash-
ing a half load).
Too little detergent:
– Results in laundry not being cleaned
properly and may cause it to become
grey and hard to the touch over time.
– Can lead to a build-up of mould in
the washing machine.
– Results in grease not being com-
pletely removed from the laundry.
– Can lead to limescale deposits on the
Too much detergent
– Causes poor wash, rinse, and spin
– Causes higher water consumption as
an extra rinse cycle is automatically
– Is a greater burden on the environ-
Using liquid detergent with a pre-
Liquid detergent cannot be used for the
main wash if the pre-wash has been se-
Use TwinDos dispensing if you are ac-
tivating the pre-wash.
Using detergent tablets or pods
Always put detergent tablets or pods
directly in the drum with the laundry.
They cannot be added via the detergent
See "Detergent" for further information.