Descaling can be carried out using two methods:
- with vinegar, concentration 100%;
- with chemical descaler (carefully following the instructions
The appliance must be switched on for these operations.
6.1.2 METHOD WITH 100% VINEGAR
The method with VINEGAR is carried out through GUIDED
Select "Settings" from the menu and press the button:
Follow the steps indicated on the oven display, as listed below:
1/5) Make sure the oven compartment is empty
2/5) Boiler preparation (emptying): wait
3/5) Filling: ﬁ ll the boiler with pure vinegar via the upper cap until
a beep sounds, indicating quantity reached. Given below
are the approximate quantities of vinegar (in litres) required
for each oven model:
10-1/1 20-1/1 6-2/1
4/5) Descaling: wait (the remaining time, including rinse, is in-
5/5) Rinse: wait (boiler and compartment are rinsed with water
and steam); this phase is NOT blockable.
In case of a power failure or oven switch-off during descaling
phases 3 and 4, rinse phase 5 will ensue. If it occurs also in
this last phase, the rinse will be carried out at the next oven
6.1.3 METHOD WITH CHEMICAL DESCALER
Descaling with chemical products must be carried out according
to the supplier's instructions (the detergent supplier ﬁ rms).
For example, using the ECOLAB "STRIP-A-WAY" type descaler,
proceed as follows:
1) Close the water supply cock.
2) Completely drain the steam generator by pressing the
3) After one minute close the steam generator drain (press the
4) Remove the plastic cap of the generator access tube and
introduce the following quantity of liquid through the same:
- 2 litres of descaling liquid plus 6 litres of water (6-10gn)
- 4.5 litres of descaling liquid plus 11.5 litres of water (20gn)
5) Open the water cock.
6) Operate the oven STEAM cycle for 12 minutes.
7) Switch off and wait 40 minutes.
8) Switch the oven on again for another 2 minutes.
9) Switch off and wait 60 minutes.
10) With the water cock open, reopen the generator drain valve
to empty it (press the above-mentioned button).
11) Switch the oven off.
12) Rinse the inside of the generator with a rubber hose inserted
in the pipe, until clean water comes out the drain.
13) Reﬁ t the cap and close the steam generator drain (press the
Carefully rinse the inside of the generator with a rubber hose
inserted through the generator access pipe, to remove all
traces of descaler.
• Reﬁ t the cap and close the steam generator drain (pushbutton
After these procedures it is advisable to operate the oven empty,
in STEAM cycle, for 30 minutes.
IMPORTANT - 2
If the water cock is not easily accessible, to empty the boiler
proceed as follows:
1) Open the boiler drain valve with the special pushbutton.
2) Wait 2 minutes and switch the oven off; the drain valve will
6.2 REPLACING CONSUMABLE COMPONENTS
Replacing the oven compartment lamp (Fig. 3)
To replace the oven compartment lamp, if burnt out, proceed
• Disconnect the power to the appliance.
• Undo the 4 screws ﬁ xing the light ﬁ tting ring nut "A" and remove
the glass "V" together with seal "G".
• Remove the halogen lamp "L" and replace it with another one
having the same characteristics (12V - 10W - 300°C), using a
clean cloth or paper to avoid direct contact with ﬁ ngers.
• Reﬁ t the protection glass, correctly inserted inside the seal, in
the lamp compartment and ﬁ x the ring nut by retightening the 4
screws, after smearing the seal with food-grade silicone grease.
Replacing door seals (Fig. 4)
NB: The door seal is a component that can become worn over
time. It is advisable to replace it whenever any hardening or
breakage is noticed.
To replace it, proceed as follows:
• Remove the seal from its seat and clean the latter of any traces
• Apply a bead of silicone sealant at point 1 along the inside
proﬁ le of the seal seat.
• Insert the new seal along the entire seat.