6. CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
• Turn off the automatic power switch located ahead of the ap-
pliance and close the water and gas cocks.
• At the end of each day, clean the oven compartment using
suitable products and following the supplier's recommendations.
• Do not clean the appliance with direct jets of water.
• Do not use products containing chlorine (chlorine bleach, hydro-
chloric acid, etc.), even if diluted, to clean the steel parts.
• Do not use corrosive substances (e.g. muriatic acid) to clean
the ﬂ oor under the appliance.
The appliance (except for some models) has an automatic com-
partment cleaning programme called CLEANING SYSTEM; for
its use see par. 4.7 CLEANING.
The CLEANING SYSTEM program requires detergents, therefore
ﬁ ll the DETERGENT CONTAINER - max. 1.321 gal (5 liters) (on
RIGHT with RED cap) and the RINSE AID CONTAINER - max.
0.317 gal (1.2 liters) (on LEFT with BLUE cap) located under the
max. 0.317 gal
For models 20GN1/1-2/1 connect the tubes (supplied) on the left
side of the oven (RH connection RED symbol for DETERGENT;
LH connection BLUE symbol for RINSE AID) and insert the other
ends in their respective containers (not supplied) ﬁ lled with DE-
TERGENT and RINSE AID.
To ensure best cleaning results, as well as to protect the oven
with the integrated CLEANING SYSTEM, the following deter-
gents must be used:
ELECTROLUX "ExtraStrong Clean for Oven" - Detergent
ELECTROLUX "ExtraStrong Rinse for Oven" - Rinse Aid
Do not use detergent or rinse aid powder dissolved in water or
in gel form and containing chlorine.
The warranty does not cover damage caused by the use of deter-
gents and rinse aids not complying with the above characteristics.
- Detergent and rinse aid containers, independent of the oven,
must not be placed higher than the appliance support surface (for
model 6 GN they must be placed lower than the oven support top).
Attention: Contact with chemical substances (e.g. detegent,
rinse aid, scale remover, etc.) without taking adequate safety
precautions. Therefore always refer to the safety cards and
labels on the products used.
To facilitate oven compartment cleaning, remove the rack trolley
guides from the bottom of the oven and open the suction wall.
• To open the oven compartment suction wall A (Fig. 2) proceed
- switch the oven off and disconnect the power to the appliance;
- undo (1a) screw B2 completely with a screwdriver,
- insert the tip of a screwdriver in slot B and prise (1b) inwards to
open the wall, unhooking it from the pegs B1 at the back.
max. 1.321 gal
If required, completely remove suction wall:
- unscrew (2) nut C1 with a hexagon wrench.
- lift (3) the suction wall and remove it (4) from the bottom pin C
of the oven compartment;
- lower (5) the wall to release it from the top pin D and completely
remove it (6).
To reﬁ t the wall, repeat the steps in reverse order and retighten
• If present, clean the oven compartment grease ﬁ lter (not sup-
plied) at least every three cooking cycles.
• Clean the possible air ﬁ lter with water and detergent for manual
cleaning of dishes or surfaces at least once a month, removing
it from under the control panel.
Air ﬁ lter
Non-compliance with the above will result in ﬁ lter inefﬁ ciency and
produce anomalous effects in cooking.
• Clean the stainless steel parts every day using lukewarm soapy
water, rinsing with plenty of water and drying thoroughly.
• Do not clean the stainless steel with steel wool, brushes or
scrapers in common steel, as they could deposit ferrous particles
which oxidise, causing rust spots.
• Whenever the appliance is not used for long periods:
- Disconnect the power supply and close the water and gas cocks;
- go over all steel surfaces vigorously with a cloth moistened with
parafﬁ n oil in order to create a protective ﬁ lm;
- Periodically air the premises.
6.1 STEAM GENERATOR PERIODICAL MAINTENANCE
• In case of excessive scale in the steam generator the following
light comes on
signalling the need to carry out descaling.
The manufacturer declines any liability if these prescriptions
are not respected; also, the warranty does not cover the repair
or replacement of components damaged by scale whenever
the required supply water characteristics are not respected
(see the relevant section).