4. SAFEGUARDING THE ENVIRONMENT
• All the packaging materials used are environmentally safe
and friendly. They may be stored without fear or danger. They
may be recycled or burned in a special waste incineration plant.
Recyclable plastic components are marked as follows:
polyethylene : external wrapping ﬁ lm, instructions
booklet bag and gas injectors bag
polypropylene: top packaging panels and straps
expanded polystyrene: protective surround elements
• The appliance has been designed and perfected under laboratory
testing conditions to offer exceptional levels of performance.
However, to minimise energy consumption (electricity, gas and
water), do not leave the appliance in operation for long periods
without food in the oven chamber and avoid conditions that reduce
efﬁ ciency (e.g. door open). We also recommend preheating the
appliance immediately prior to use.
• To minimise the emission of pollutants into the environment,
clean the appliance (externally and, where necessary, internally)
with products that are at least 90% biodegradable.
• Appliances that have reached the end of their service life should
be suitably disposed of.
• The appliance is made from more than 90% recyclable materials
(stainless steel, iron, aluminium, galvanised sheet steel, etc.).
These materials may therefore be scrapped in accordance with
local waste disposal regulations at a conventional recycling plant.
• Make the appliance unusable by cutting off the power cord.
Also remove any compartment or interior closure device ﬁ tted on
the appliance to prevent persons from becoming trapped inside.