Switches on the FR-A8AP
• Encoder type selection switch (SW3)
Selects either the differential line driver or complementary setting.
It is initially set to the differential line driver. Switch its position according to the output circuit.
• Use the terminating resistor selection switches (SW1) to select ON/OFF of the internal terminating resistor.
Set the switches ON (initial status) when an encoder output type is differential line driver, and set OFF when
ON: With internal terminating resistor (initial status)
OFF: Without internal terminating resistor
• Set all switches to the same setting (ON/OFF).
• Set the switches OFF when sharing an encoder with another unit (NC (computerized numerical controller), etc.) having a
terminating resistor under the differential line driver setting.
• Prepare the power supply (5 V/12 V/15 V/24 V) for the encoder according to the encoder's output voltage. When the control
terminal option FR-A8TP is installed, 24 V power supply can be provided from the FR-A8TP. When the encoder output is the
differential line driver type, only 5 V can be input.
• The SW2 switches are for manufacturer setting. Do not change the setting.
• When the power supply of the inverter is turned OFF, also turn off the power supply of the encoder. Otherwise, the plug-in
option may be damaged.
• Encoder specification
0 to 4096 Pulse/Rev (setting by Pr.369)
Power supply voltage
5 V, 12 V, 15 V, or 24 V
A, B phases (90° phase shift),
Output signal form
Z phase: 1 pulse/rev
Differential line driver or complementary
driver (initial status)
2. INSTALLATION AND WIRING
2.8 Connection to a motor with encoder (Vector control)