• Removal procedure of the front cover is different. (Refer to
• Plug-in options of the FR-A700 series are not compatible.
• Operation panel (FR-DU07) cannot be used.
• The spring clamp type terminal block has changed to the screw type. Use of blade terminals is recommended.
Instructions for continuous use of the PU07 (parameter unit)
manufactured in September 2015 or earlier
• For the FR-A800 series, many functions (parameters) have been added. When setting these parameters, the parameter
names and setting ranges are not displayed.
• Only the parameter with the numbers up to "999" can be read and set. The parameters with the numbers after "999" cannot
be read or set.
• Many protective functions have been added for the FR-A800 series. These functions are available, but all faults are
displayed as "Fault". When the fault history is checked, "ERR" appears. Added faults will not appear on the parameter unit.
(However, MT1 to MT3 are displayed as MT.)
• Parameter copy/verification function are not available.
Copying parameter settings
• The FR-A700 series' parameter settings can be easily copied to the FR-A800 series by using the setup software (FR
Configurator2). (Not supported by the setup software FR-SW3-SETUP or older.)
Replacement of the FR-A500(L) series
• Installation size is not compatible. (New mounting holes are required.)
• The optional converter unit (FR-CC2) is required.
7.1 For customers replacing the conventional model with this inverter