IGSMHS4G Installation and Setup Guide
Basic features include:
• Supports dynamic or static IP addressing, and installs behind firewalls without
compromising network security.
• Quick connection to compatible Honeywell series control panels
• Simple programming using a 7720P programming tool
• Reports fire (Fire has not been evaluated by UL), burg, and status messages via the
• Reports messages via AlarmNet-G as backup to Internet reporting
• Allows uploading and downloading of control panel data over the Internet.
About AlarmNet-i Internet Application
AlarmNet-i is a fully encrypted, secure method of delivering alarm messages from a
protected premise to an AlarmNet equipped central station. The internet communicator
transmits status, supervisory, and alarm messages to the AlarmNet Control Center using a
broadband Internet connection.
The AlarmNet Control Center identifies, validates, and forwards the messages to the
appropriate AlarmNet central station. AlarmNet-i has an unlimited account capacity.
The communicator uses 256 bit AES (Rijndael) encryption (which is required for certain
government installations). The AlarmNet-i AES Encryption Software Module Version 1.0
contained in the Honeywell products has NIST approval. Listings for this approval can be
Modes of Operation
The communicator provides four modes of operation so it can be used with various types of
control panels, as summarized below.
• This mode is for use with Honeywell control panels that support ECP communication
• The communicator connects to the control panel's keypad terminals and provides 2-way
communication with the control panel using ECP messaging
• The control panel treats the communicator as an ECP device, so ensure to program the
control panel with the communicator's device address
• Reports are sent in Contact ID format
• The communicator also supports two hardwire zone trigger inputs (zones 6 and 7)
Options include; V+, V–, EOL, inverted, and non-inverted.
UL – For the communicator, only the V+ inverted, V– non-inverted, and EOL options have
The IP and GSM signaling paths are suitable for encrypted line security when programmed for
1 minute IP/GSM Fault Times. The system configurations are not suitable as a Dual Line
Signal transmission system.
Only ECP Mode and Zone Trigger modes have been approved for UL installations.
Opening and Closing ring back is fully supported.
and search for "Certification number