• Before discarding an old appliance, unplug it. Render the plug useless. Cut off the
cable directly behind the appliance to prevent misuse.
• Dispose of the packaging material (such as vinyl and styrofoam) away from
children. The packaging material can suffocate a child.
• Remove the door to the appliance before this appliance is removed from service or
discarded to avoid the danger of children or small animals getting trapped inside.
Failure to do so can result in serious injury to persons or death.
• This appliance must be grounded. In the event of malfunction or breakdown,
grounding will reduce the risk of electric shock by providing a path of least
resistance for electric current.
• This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor
and grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is
properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
• Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in risk of
electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in
doubt as to whether the appliance is properly grounded.
• Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance. If it does not fit the outlet, have
a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.