Oil and Filter Change
12. Place shop towels beneath the oil
filter. Using an oil filter wrench,
turn the filter counter-clockwise
to remove it.
13. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the
filter sealing surface on the crank-
14. Lubricate the o-ring on the new
filter with a film of fresh engine
oil. Check to make sure the o-ring
is in good condition.
15. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter
gasket contacts the sealing surface, then turn it an additional 1/2
16. Approximately one cup of engine oil will remain in the crankcase.
To drain, remove the drain plug on the lower right side of the crank-
case. The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should
be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
17. Reinstall the drain plug.Torque to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
18. Remove the dipstick.
19. Add two quarts (1.9 l) of recommended oil. Reinstall the dipstick.
Tip: If the sump is not drained, add about 1 3/4 quarts (1.6 l) initially.
20. Place the transmission in PARK.
21. Lock the parking brake.
22. Prime the oil pump using the procedure on page 72. Then stop
the engine and inspect for leaks.
23. Check the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper
mark on the dipstick.
24. Dispose of used filter and oil properly.