Oil and Filter Change
Always change the oil and filter at the intervals outlined in the Periodic
Maintenance Chart beginning on page 62. Always change the oil filter
whenever changing oil.
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for two to three minutes.
3. Stop the engine.
4. Clean the area around the drain
5. Place a drain pan under the oil
6. Remove the drain plug. Allow
the oil to drain completely.
CAUTION! Hot oil can cause burns to
skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
7. Install a new sealing washer on
the drain plug. The sealing sur-
faces on drain plug and crank-
case should be clean and free of
burrs, nicks or scratches.
8. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque
to 14-17 ft. lbs. (19-23 Nm).
9. Disconnect the lower oil deliv-
ery hose and remove the screen
fitting from the oil tank. Clean
the fitting. The fitting threads must be sealed with LOCTITE PST
505 or PTFE seal tape.
10. Reinstall the screen fitting and rotate the fitting clockwise a mini-
mum of 2 1/2 turns into the tank threads. Continue to rotate the fit-
ting until the nipple of the fitting aligns with the mark on the tank.
Do not over-tighten. Maximum torque for the screen fitting is 25 ft.
lbs. (34 Nm).
11. Reattach the oil line.
New Sealing Washer